SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Millenials moving to Buffalo and living like royalty

robo (z6a)
9 years ago

I thought this article was so interesting. More generation gap, perhaps? I love the idea of revitalizing depressed cities instead of fighting over pricey real estate in NYC or the Bay. I live in an economically depressed area -- unfortunately our house prices are a lot higher than this. But I would love to encourage young people to move to my area, innovate, and stay.

"Last year, Bernice Radle and her boyfriend Jason Wilson paid $16,000 for a three bedroom 1,600 square foot, American Foursquare-style house on Buffalo's West Side. After growing up in nearby Niagara Falls, attending Buffalo State College, then living and making music in Los Angeles for two years, she came back to Buffalo, where she has become active in a movement of young preservationists bent on restoring the city's old houses and buildings.

"The new American Dream is not owning a $200,000 house or owning a very expensive car, but owning something that matters more to you that's accessible," she says. "I think the whole American Dream is really shifting, but the problem is in big cities you can't get that.""

Millenials are moving to Buffalo and living like kings

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor