SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
papajoe74

KitchenAid Microwave/Convection Oven Combo

papajoe74
9 years ago

Just recently upgraded our kitchen, including all new appliances. We purchased the subject oven which has a combo microwave/convection oven above the larger main oven/convection oven unit. We immediately noticed that the microwave cooling fan would not stop running after the cook time expired until we opened the door. We called in a serviceman who told us that this is the way KitchenAid designed the oven. Not ever owning a microwave that did this, I called KitchenAid cs who verified this design. The fan will run for about 20 minutes after a mug of water has been cooked for 1 1/2 minutes. ANNOYING! Can't recommend this unit if you hate being compelled to respond to appliances that won't shut themselves off. All KitchenAid has told me is that "they are sorry I feel this way". It's interesting how the dealers don't tell you about these quirks before you purchase them.
I would like to know if others find this very unusual (that a cooling fan would run for 20 minutes in a microwave if the door is not opened), or if other owners of a KitchenAid mircowave were able to get this issue fixed somehow?

Comments (8)