SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodiefrog

Do you have a American Range that works well with liquid propane?

foodiefrog
9 years ago

Does anyone have an American Range LIQUID PROPANE model that they are happy with, in other words, that you think is working properly?

And if so, is it a Performer or Cuisine?

I ask because American Range said their Performer models (open burners and higher btus) sometimes do not work well with certain local mixes of propane, and that I might have better luck with a Cuisine (sealed burners and lower btus) because the burners are designed differently.

While this may be possible, I don't really buy it and called my local propane company. They said most companies in California get propane from essentially the same supplier, and that noone changes the mixture locally. In other words, propane is propane in California. American Ranges are built in California, and I presume they get Performers and Cuisines alike to work well in the factory. With propane being the same across California, and the elevations of the AR factory and my home being very similar (1,000 ft vs 1,200 ft), as long as they send me a Performer that is setup properly for propane and that works well in the factory, then it should also work well in my home - right? Or am I missing something?

However, my friends across town have a liquid propane Cuisine that they're somewhat happy with, but they did expect the performance to be better/stronger.

Therefore, I wonder if what AR is really saying is that their models are designed in a way that perform strongly with natural gas, but that struggle with liquid propane. When I really think about it though, this doesn't seem possible unless they use a particular regulator that is not designed to work well with liquid propane.

Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Comments (3)