SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krldds

Critique of appliance plan?

K Liu
9 years ago

Hi, I'm new posting here. I've been looking all around as we plan our new house (under construction).

I have 3 boys (all under 10 right now) and a husband...so thinking ahead to 4 men in the house!

I have a pretty large kitchen and this is what I'm considering...

Lacanche sully range (thinking of blue)...this is my dream range. Well...mostly. My husband won't go for the price of a real La Cornue :)

Miele wall ovens...combi steam, speed oven, warming drawer (s). We definitely use our warming drawer, so will have one or two no matter what.

Integrated 36 in Subzero all fridge and all freezer units (possibly 30 in freezer)

2 Miele dishwashers (not sure which yet)

Subzero RF/F drawers in coffee/beverage center

So...1...I really need a lot of fridge and freezer space living with all these boys :) Does it make sense to do it this way? My interior designer seems to have a huge aversion to the big fridge/freezer and wants to split into drawers in different areas, but that seems like a pain to me...what do you think?

How about the brand? Few choices for these huge fridge/freezers but is a different one more reliable or useful? Certainly not averse if it's a little less expensive ;)

Does the number of ovens seem crazy? I'm honestly not a big cook (too busy with 3 athletic kids in the house), but do like to entertain and then end up with a few cooks in the kitchen and I enjoy cooking when I have time. So when we cook, we really cook. And when we don't...it's quiet.

We have 2 sinks...thinking like a prep sink and a cleanup sink generally. Would you put one DW near each sink or put them both in the island with the cleanup sink?

We are definitely going with a special/unique look for our area. Leaning towards a European/french country fusion type of home.

Thanks for any help :) I'm open to any and all suggestions/criticisms/etc :)

Comments (6)