SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christymck

Wine Cooler / Fridge Suggestions? Replacing Unwelcome Vinotemp

ChristyMcK
9 years ago

We have had two 54-60 bottle Vinotemp units. The first we bought and had just three years before the compressor died. The second we inherited with our house and it's compressor just died. IMHO, these are poorly made products that aren't worth the money they are asking, even if they are among the cheaper options. I would not recommend them.

So, we are in the market for a new wine fridge and looking for recommendations. We actually store most of our wine in our basement. Our primary uses for the fridge include (1) storing decanted wine for several hours keeping it at the right temp and (2) for bulk fermentation of bread. It's the perfect temp (mid 50s) in between the refrigerator (upper 30s) and house (~70) when I want to extend fermentation a bit.

So, we would prefer shelving that is not angled. Other than that, a quality unit that will last is our priority. We do not need duel temp, humidity control, etc. We would like to avoid cheaply made brands/units but don't feel like we need the top of the line. Just something that will do it's job (stable mid-50s temp) would be nice. Size ~54 bottles to fit into the same space (~24" wide I believe). Thanks.

Comments (9)