SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayacreek

Volunteer Wanted at Off-Grid B&B in Missouri, USA

mayacreek
9 years ago

I'm in my 6th year of building a sustainable bed & breakfast, education center, and retreat in rural central Missouri from the ground up. The goal is to create an environment for people to remove themselves from the often chaotic and unhealthy cacophony of modern society and to reconnect with nature while also exploring ways of living simpler, healthier, and generally more conscientious and fulfilling lives.

I will eventually host different types of organized group activities such as training courses, skill-shares, meditation retreats, potlucks and other social gatherings. I am not an expert on most of what I am attempting, but I am rapidly accumulating knowledge and experience of what works here since I arrived in 2009 and I gladly share it with anyone who is interested.

www.MayaCreek.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

***LOOKING FOR 1 LONG-TERM VOLUNTEER FOR 2015***

I'm looking for one long-term volunteer for 2015 from April through October, though I'm flexible on those dates. The volunteer will be provided room and board in exchange for 20 hours of work per week.

I am specifically looking for help in the garden and food forest as well as with preserving the harvest. No previous experience is necessary. Duties would include planting, pruning, weeding, watering, pest and disease control, and harvesting.

Secondarily, I'll need some help on natural building projects, such as finishing construction on the rainwater cistern and filtration system, as well as mixing and applying a finish coat of earthen plaster and earthen floor to the straw bale common house.

The volunteer preferably would have their own vehicle and not have a very restrictive diet(ie vegan, raw food, gluten-free).

http://www.mayacreek.org/education/volunteer/

Here is a link that might be useful: Volunteer Information Page

Comment

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County