SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huskymom87

Just bought a money tree, and the leaves are drooping/ wilting..

huskymom87
9 years ago

Okay, so I just bought my first pachira, and I tell you I was pretty excited to get it home. And within it's first 9 hours of being home at least 3 of he leaves (full branch of 5 I mean, if that makes sense) have dropped/wilted. I know for a fact, I spent an extra 10 -20 mnutes at the store analizing the healthiest looking plant out of the bunch, and this one most certainly showed spunk compared to the rest. I have not done anything to it as far as repotting or watering goes. I have it I my bedroom, where I have my anita and another plant my mom gave me a trimming of that I can't remember the name of. However, it is nearest to an eastern window, and somwhat farther from, but close enough to count to a northern window. It is pretty bright in here all day, but I have it sitting where it wouldn't be in direct sunlight, it is more in the middle of the room on a table at the moment. My room is generally between 60-75 degrees Fahrenheit... it varies because I have a space heater in here, because I don't have control over the house thermostat (another story entirely) It is Winter here currently, could the move from the store to the car/from car to house, the have sun, (no sun at the store) shocked it? Is there anything I can do to help it gain some perk, or am I going to loose the leaves? I have been watching some youtube videos and reading articles, but I couldn't find anything about my problem, being as it hasn't been home a full day yet, and it showz signs of problems. Any advice is appreciated!

UPDATE: Now there are spots that formed as of last night! This plant is sure giving me a hard time, and I have only had it for a little over 24 hours now. I don't know what to do, I moved it closer to the window as suggested, and now I think the sun has damaged it. I don't know where to put it, I don't know how to make it feel better.... (The thing it came with says "Easy to care for" .... yeah this feels like a lie. )

This post was edited by Huskymom87 on Tue, Jan 27, 15 at 16:22

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus