SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
revaselva_gw

Suggestions to fix my backyard and frontyard

revaselva
9 years ago

Hello All,

I have about 2500 sq.ft of backyard space. This space had more than 10 redwood trees which were removed including the stump. And the front yard could be about 500 sq.ft which also had couple of big trees that were removed.
I want to plant many fruit trees in my backyard and flowering plants in my front yard. When I talked to one of my neighbor's gardener, he mentioned that the roots of the prior trees could have been spread out in the ground still and could hinder the growth of the new fruit trees. Hence his suggestion for a newbie like me was to hire someone with a tractor or some equivalent machinery and dig up the soil. This process would remove the prior roots and also loosen up the soil so that then it could be replenished with nutrients and could easily dig up and plant the new fruit trees. I am on a tight budget for this work. And would like to get suggestions/advise from you all pros about an estimate to get the work done. And also please point out as to what all I need to do in order to have a lovely garden. I will attach few pics of my backyard and front yard. Kindly suggest.

Comments (3)