SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Need recommendations for a friend

marys1000
15 years ago

I have a friend I consider a good friend though we don't have lots in common. She will be deploying to Iraq late summer and I would like to be able to send her a book a month. Trouble is we have very different needs and tastes in books and most other things. I think I'm pretty good at putting myself in others shoes to buy presents but at the same time I'm just out of touch with the sort of things she likes.

I bought her "Eat Love Pray" and she seemed to like that. She is not a flake by any stretch of the imagination and is really quite amazing (Marine Officer, happily married, mother of 2) but is New World, West Coast, I am Old World, East Coast. She is very curious, daring and wants to be fulfilled, a bit of a spirtual quester with an action bent. (vs. me who is more the agnostic intellectual overthinker observer). I would like to find books that are upbeat, thoughtful, positive, make you think differently, engaging but also a little restful (I think she will have her plate full)

If you think you have a good book recommendation for me to check out please post.

Thanks,

Mary

Comments (11)