SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martin_z

A question - 'game books'?

17 years ago

What I'm talking about is the sort of book, normally aimed at teenagers but sometimes at adults, written in the second person. You start at page 1, and read the start of the story. But when you get to the bottom of the page, you have a choice of what you want to do, and you go to different pages depending on your choice. So it might start "You're going down a road. There is a turning to the right. Do you want to go straight on? Then go to page 23. But if you decide to turn right, then go to page 16." And on page 16 (or page 23) there is a continuation of the story, but taking you in different directions. The idea is to get to the end without coming a cropper on the way. You normally have to start over a few times before you finally get all the way through.

I've only seen a few of them, but they strike me as fun. I've done one or two of the adult ones. I've seen them done purely as words or as cartoons. I'd have loved them when I was younger. What I want to know is - are there any for kids? My daughter (nine) would find them great fun, I think.

Can anyone help?

Comments (11)