SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purplelemon_gw

Can anyone help me remember the title of this book series?

purplelemon
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm searching for a children's book series I read when I was in grade school. They were at our small school library, and I'm assuming they were pretty old (and this was in the 80's.) They were in yellow hardback and I think had black and white sketched pictures on the front. They also were a strange size, smaller than a normal paperback, maybe a little fatter. There were probably at least 10 books in the series, if not more.

The series itself was about different animals living in a forest setting. They could talk, and had their own things going on. I remember in particular a fox character and a blue jay character. I think there was a hare or rabbit and probably a sparrow or something. Also perhaps a badger, among other animals.

I don't recall if humans were in the book at all, and the animals may have worn clothes. I believe they had houses and such. I seem to remember lot of storylines involving petty squabbles over things, but that might just be my faulty memory.

Unfortunately the last time I'd read or seen the books was when I was thirteen, so it's a rather vague description and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the series (normal searches obviously don't yield anything helpful!)

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH