SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookmom41

Shadow Divers and coincidence

bookmom41
18 years ago

I've been in a terrible reading slump for the past few months. I'm checking out stacks of books, some recommended and others not, but not finding anything compelling and finding many books I actively dislike. Even reading this forum (much less posting) lost interest for me...

Until I picked up Robert Kurson's "Shadow Divers." Many thanks to whomever recommended it on this forum. I feel like a child's book report: If you liked "Into Thin Air" you'll enjoy "Shadow Divers." Reading this at night, I've been finding it difficult to put down despite basically knowing how the journey ends. I've been particulary struck by the dangers inherent to the sport (as in extreme mountain climbing) as well as been impressed by the research completed by the self-taught Chatterton and Kohler.

Here is the coincidence. Last night while reading, I was trying to explain my delight with this book to Mr Bookmom

as he's flipping through the TV stations. He pauses on the History Channel showing some men flying over an ocean looking for a site of a shipwreck and reenacting the rescue. One of the men being filmed is named Richie... Turns out this TV show had as hosts Richie Kohler and John Chatterton, apparently still partners and obviously in some demand. Pretty cool way to break a reading slump!

Comments (14)