SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pnbrown

frosty times?

pnbrown
18 years ago

We hear that britain and europe are having a much colder than normal winter. Is that true in england? A possible reason is that supposedly there has been a recent shift of the gulfstream by hundreds of miles.

We've had one of our mild winters here after four severe ones, so I think we deserve and gladly accept a little increased proximity to the stream. Sorry to steal your heat though (if necessary in future, use the old Mainer's dodge of moving into one's kitchen for the winter). It may prove to be the only good thing our current administration has achieved - a bumbling and unwitting augmentation of global climate change with it's predicted shift of warming from merry old england to new.

Still, if I were you, I'd send them a bill for your increased home-heating costs as well as any palm trees or other exotics you've lost from your sheltered gardens. Can't hurt. Just bear in mind that they will likely cite Gilbert White's diary in their own defence and rebuttal of global warming.

Probably next year we'll be freezing our bollucks off and ya'll will be frolicking in amenable frost-free times once again.

Toodle-oo

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES