SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benjilloyd

Brick wall waterfall, would love any advice

benjilloyd
19 years ago

Hi,

In short we want to have a sheet of water to fall from a removed brick in a brick wall pillar!

For over 2 years now I have dreamt of the idea of having water falling from our two brick 'pillars' on the back wall of our garden.

I've toiled over what to use to ensure the water falls as a thin sheet, not to have too much splash, not to have too much noise, the right pump, etc, etc ... I have to act as I'll never do it!

I just need advice from someone who has tried this sort of thing! I am wondering if anyone could help make the right decisions?

The idea is to remove a brick approx 1.5 metre up, source a pipe at the side of the pillar (hidden by the our Ivy) and have this fall into a 'pebble pool' as a sheet of water on each of the two pillars in our conventional brick wall - the pillars are simply the 'structural' square brick pillars put in walls.

When we moved into the house, just over 2 years ago I even put the pebble pools into the ground under each pillar! I just now need to do the difficult bit :-)

Can anyone help?

I live in Cheshire I would love to 'commission' someone local to help me out! Failing that *any* advice would be welcomed, such as "don't do it you fool it will sound like an aircraft and splash like an elephant".

Cheers

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH