SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deesee_gw

I`m so sorry.

deesee
19 years ago

i have had a bird table for a couple of years, the usual visitors arrive, sparrows, bluetits, robins, starlings and my very small field mouse. I feed them the usual bought food, but have found that they like most things including porridge oats, dried fruit, corn flakes, out of date fruit and nut mixtures. when my wife goes through the cupboards she never throws anything out before asking me.The other day she gave me an out of date xmas pudding, so not wanting to waste it i put some on the bird table, it was not long before the sparrows arrived, they seemed to eat it but did not stay long, as they left they all stopped for a drink at the pond.A short time later 6 starlings appeared, they got stuck in straight away, and it was`nt long before they got very noisy and started fighting, i know they are not the friendliest of birds but this was over the top, it was only when a large blackbird arrived that they cleared off,calling loudly as they went, they landed on the roof opposite and carried on their fighting.The bluetits who had been sat in the hedge decided that it was safe to eat and drink now that the trouble makers had moved on, they behaved like real ladies, just picking at the food, before flying off. It was some time before my two collared doves arrived, i have never seen them alone,they stayed a while before having a drink and sitting on the fence, i have seen them canoodling before but never so intently. This made me wonder if it was somthing in the water, or the sherry in the xmas pudding. I have decided to put a little pudding out tomorrow for the starlings, hair of the dog, it always worked for me.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH