SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
big_kid

Pink frog.

big_kid
18 years ago

No, I'm not drunk! Yes, I know it's April Fool's day, but this really is no joke!

I caught sight of movement in my pond yesterday and, when I investigated, I discovered a frog scrum going on. There was one lot of spawn which was the first of the year, and one male was doing what comes naturally, but his choice of partner was a pale salmon-pink coloured frog with an enormous bulging belly. She was twice his width and he held on for dear life for so long that I left them to it. When I returned, they had separated and there was a new lot of spawn, but instead of black nuclei, they were all white.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could the spawn all have been born dead or is it possible that I'm going to have a load of pink taddies swimming around my pond?!!!!

Has anyone seen this before?

I haven't been out yet this morning because it's only just stopped belting down with rain. Should I separate this spawn into a bucket? Am I right in thinking that goldfish eat spawn, because I want to see if this lot actually come to anything. I didn't get a close enough look to see if the female is totally albino or not. Maybe she's some sort of leucocystic mutant!!

Big Kid

Comments (14)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County