SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wishful_gw

then there were seven...

wishful
18 years ago

We're down to 2 chooks, now 12 weeks old. So far, they are showing very aggressive/dominant behaviour (flying at each other with wings flapping and claws up) then staring each other out etc. Neither is crowing, so I'm just keeping myself amused watching their behaviour, and am happy to wait till either a) someone else crows or b) someone lays an egg.

But 2 chooks seem not enough after having had 4 - they just aren't 'chirpy' enough LOL.

My daughter came home from school, and said "Isabella asked if we want her chickens". These came from the same batch of babies that hatched in my sons class, so I said "yes, of course - as long as they're not crowing, we'll take them".

Does anyone see the problem yet????????

Yes!! Silly me!! I forgot to ask 'how many chickens does Isabella have?" D'oh!!! I just ASSUMED that Isabella took 2-3 chicks like everyone else did! (What did Benny Hill used to say about ""assume"??????) But NOOOOOO!!!! Isabella took FIVE chicks. And Isabella and her mum have just dropped them off. And if at least 3 of them aren't crowing tomorrow morning, I'll eat my chook mash!

Off to check Brisbane City Council bylaws to see how many poultry I'm allowed - I think it's just 6..... and need to draw up plans for a bigger chook tractor.....

laugh all you want - it's healthy for you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored