SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frogeyebrian

Soil or pots ?

frogeyebrian
18 years ago

We are newcomers to ponds and have dug our first pond last summer. Within a few weeks a mass of frogs and a couple of herons appeared from nowhere. All but one of the frogs dissappeared after the first heron visit, a friend suggested fishing wire around the pond and that has discouraged any further invasions. The resident frog is still there tucked in the corner, which I find surprising as I didn't think they stayed in winter-time.

I am contacting you who know best !! I have made the mistake of making the first underwater shelf 6 inches deep and 9 inches wide and have since established that it should have been much more shallow.

I have placed some plants around the pond in pots but would like to use aquatic soil to give the plants a better chance to develop and to protect and disguise the liner. I think I have developed a way to hold the soil back and stop it dissapearing to the bottom. But, is it best to take the plants from the pots and if so, when is the best time to transfer them to soil ?

I would like to show some photographs with this message - is there an easy way to do it ?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!