SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geojen1

disease in zamias

geojen1
12 years ago

I have several zamias in my garden, and one of them is nearly dead with its leaves gradually going brown and brittle. It started as orange spots with a yellowish aureole that spreads. I have now noticed that a magnificent large zamia just 10 feet from the original one has the orange spots and I fear I will lose that. I have been to my local nursery with a specimen and she wasn't sure what it was (definitely not scale -you can't scrape it off) but recommended Mancozeb which I applied 10 days apart as per instructions to both zamias (this was 2 months ago!). I wasn't expecting miracles with the nearly dead one -but it is still getting worse on the newly affected plant. I've noticed in my neighbourhood that there are similarly affected zamias in other gardens. -I went back to the nursery and she said to cut off all the affected leaves and destroy them. That the new growth will be OK, but ptobably transferred by wind. Haven't done this yet. -I have some photos but don't seem to be able to post photos onthis forum -is there another forum where you can upload photos? Anybody with any ideas on what this is and how to get rid of it, please let me know as I have half a dozen zamia in my garden -some quite large -and don't want to lose them

Comment (1)