SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mistymorn_gw

So Many New Surprises In The Garden Today

mistymorn
18 years ago

Its wonderful to walk around the garden and come across so many different things. So now I have my camera hanging from my neck when I get up and let the chooks out as its then when I see the most interesting things in the cool of the morning as I do the rounds. First I check on the veggies and who would be in amongst the cucumbers is some of our resident Eastern Dwarf Tree frogs "Litoria fallax" they are those very small ones 2mm long so cute:

Very well camouflaged it if wasn't for the eyes I would not have seen it.

{{gwi:2115755}}
And as I look through the vine I find its mate so I took a pic of it also:

{{gwi:2115756}}
And as I pass the big gum trees I hear this strange noise and when I look up there are these two brown/grey blobs, I know what they are !! I was so excited as I race into the house to get my telephoto lens I have always wanted a pic of these Owls they only come around for two days a year and how lucky can I be to see them right then. Not a very good pic as they were really high up but I think they are Tawny Frogmouth Owls, mind you the shorter one looks more like a dog or a cat...

{{gwi:2115757}}
And as I continue on my way towards my two Cassia Fistula trees that I grew from seeds that I bought down with me from my tree in Townsville, who would be there again but these jolly green caterpillars I take heaps off them every day but this one I must have missed as its a bit on the big side, Opps wrong lens so I race into change it so I get a better pic of this muncher, now no more:

{{gwi:2115758}}
Moving on toward the front of the block I could not believe my eyes after two and a half years one of my Wisteria's decide to flower and in the Summer, I though that very strange but a wonderful surprise all the same:

{{gwi:2115759}}
I have to watch where I tread here as the ground covers are alive and buzzing with the sound of

the bees all busy there doing what bees do best:

{{gwi:2115760}}
And as I make my way down the long driveway I see this flash of colour and another surprise

my latest Hibiscus has finally flowered just the one flower but its a start.

Hibiscus Orange Flame:

{{gwi:2115761}}
I wonder what I will find on my early stroll around the garden tomorrow morning.

No damage I hope as we had a terrific Thunderstorm a few hours ago....Cheers..MM

Comments (15)

Sponsored