SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie22_gw

help with veggie patch

Jamie22
9 years ago

So I have a few problems with my veggie patch. First of all, my radish leaves have this white squiggly lines all over them (leaf miner?) and I have no idea if this is going to ruin my radishes or how to stop it organically. Secondly, there are these huge moth-fly things (also known as Mothra in my household ;P). They look like a moth but less furry and they fly around fast like flies and they keep chilling on my corn, there are also heaps of tiny black flies chilling around my garden too.... I dont know if they are good or bad because I have no idea what they are! And last but not least, my beetroot seedlings which I planted on the 7/10/14 are still tiny and some of them are falling over/or have fallen over and now the part that goes into the ground has kinda gone really thin and black.

Im so sad because I really love my garden and I go out almost every day to check on the progress and I just have no idea what is going on! This is my first time as well and I dont know anyone in person to ask. I live in Toowoomba Queensland, and the weather is around 25-30 during the day at the moment and drops down to 18-20 at night. I have mulched my garden and water it in the morning before the sun hits it, I do a light water every day because the soil looks really dry when I go out in the mornings. I just cant believe how many bugs are attracted to my garden considering I only just moved in and there was nothing there before hand... anyway hopefully someone can help

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions