SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevarose

so called 'weeds' as companion planting for roses

kevarose
18 years ago

Sandie mentioned something about having an odd weed in a pot - now this could be the one garden competition that I can win hands down - the weeds here are rampant as is everything else - round up is the order of the day but I have to wait for a sunny and not too windy day and we have not had many of those recently - the bed below is the one between my house and the pool and I would like it to look nicer - but then there are the other few acres that are also crying out for attention - I get around the best I can to it all. The second picture looks green but I assure you it is all what we normally classify as weeds. As the third picture shows, if I get the weeds out and mulch, it is pretty good at keeping weeds out - I did this little section by hand which took me and a mattock most of a day as it was windy so I am now hoping that Thursday when I have a free day it will be sunny and not windy and I can zap most of that bed of weeds and then pull the large ones out and mulch the following Sunday. But then in another fortnight I will have to round up on top of the mulch to stop the weeds that grow in the mulch .. but it's OK. The roses in these pictures are graham thomas and in the third picture a little jude is poking through and might wander up a pole for him - and a new devonesis I just planted. I hope in a few weeks the weeds in the bed pictured will be replaced by herbs and mulch ... would like to plant lettuce etc as well but the bantam chooks can squeeze through the pool fence and so they spend the day in there ....

{{gwi:2114874}}

{{gwi:2114875}}

{{gwi:2114876}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored