SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erste

Shortcut Weeding

erste
16 years ago

I'm SO NEW to gardening but am living in a quarter-arce (I think) of gardens + trees...so I really need some help here...

I have been hardworking... :) I have search through 10++ pgs in this section of the forum but still can't find anyone who is trying to do the same thing as me.

I have some roses (still trying to ID them but I think it looks like grandiflora) and recently found a massive amt of weeds (still trying to ID them but one of them is sorrel I think cos it look like a 4 leaf clover but only that it has 3 leaf and also this stubborn one that looks like broad leave and spread out its leaves really flat on the ground). I read through one of the forum here which has mixed opinions abt using weed killer (due to drift spray) so I really don't dare to try it as all my roses are really precious to me (though I'm new to gardening).

I really can't pull out each and every weed and so what I did was I lay a layer of newspaper (not shredded but the full piece) and then I cover with mulch I buy from bunning (2~3cm thick). I have done this on a small area and intend to do so for the whole flower bed...Is this wrong? Should I really pull out each and every weed before mulching?

And would any kind soul recommend me some good nursery in doncaster or templestowe or boxhill where i can get good advise on plants and cheap mulch?

Please...someone help...I'm so desperate as it just looks like my roses are gonna be "invaded" by those weeds anytime from now...help... :(

Comment (1)

Sponsored