SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnelweb

Peter Cundall and Andrew Denton!

18 years ago

Who watched Peter Cundall being interviewed by Andrew Denton the other night? Peter gardening nude!! I do too on occasions, of a morning when the sun warms the dewy lawn. The only neighbours that can see me don't care - Bob and Pauline - they know I'm just an avid gardener and lover of all things that grow, flower, fly, creep, walk, crawl, run and jump and live happly or as best they can in my garden, just as they also do. And unlike poor pete I'm so unknown I don't have people pulling up and peering through the fence at me, and being on 2 acres other neighbours are so far away or obscured by bushes they can't see me. Anyone else enjoy the pleasure? What an interesting person Peter C. is and what a fascinating life he's had!

Comments (15)

• 18 years ago

Good on ya funnelweb.
    I think my plants would stop growing with shock if I did that! Lol. The closest I've got is out there in my nightie (and only in the backyard)
    The interview was certainly interesting. He's quite an inspiration I think. Even though some of us are a bit tired of his vegie garden, you have to admire the man's passion for gardening and life!
    Cheers,
    Dee.

• 18 years ago

Im a back yard nightie girl too. What I loved about the peter Cundall interview is that he was completely honest. I hope I have as much energy when I am even close to his age.Maybe its passion and enthusiasm that keeps people young.

• 18 years ago

DAMN!I would love to have seen that-the program I mean. :)
    With a rose garden-nude gardening would be very painful-as it is my arms usually look like I have been fighting with lions.
    I am almost always bare footed though.
    regards
    sandie

• 18 years ago

And here was I thinking there was a hole in the Ozone layer over Tasmania!

• 18 years ago

I'm nightie person too, first thing in the morning I whip out to feed the double bar finches and they don't mind the sight a bit.
    Bet if I took it off someone would pick that time to ride past the gate on a horse though
    Good on Peter Cundall, he makes gardening such a joy and his vegetable patch can move here any time.
    Marion

• 18 years ago

Bare-footed Sandie? That's a good start.

• 18 years ago

I loved nothing more than to garden in bare feet too Sandie......until I got the dreaded BINDII!! ouch!! It's a real pain in the foot to put it politely. lol
    Cheers,
    Dee.

• 18 years ago

LOL!Lozza-that's as far as I will ever go.
    Deej-I am from WA-have been bare footed all my life-my soles are tough as-though I HATE treading on abandoned rose canes-especially Albertine and New Dawn-they BITE!
    regards
    sandie

• 18 years ago

Oh, thankyou Sabine ,for the link. I have just read the transcript and feel quite moved. He seeems such a humble man.Most interesting.
    Thanks-I missed the show--unexpected visitors and I completely forgot to tape the show.I love Denton and I was really miffed that I missed this episode.
    Thanks again
    Michelle

• 18 years ago

Bloody hell! It takes so long to load this 'page' now-a-days, it's these animated moving adds they've inflicted on all the Garden Web pages, why do we have to tollerate them? And what a response to an item in the roses page! All you morning nighty-clad, bare footed rose lovers! I too, go barefooted and seeing as I don't wear a nighty, I'm bare-all when i cast off the dressing gown for a few hours in the early morning in my private back garden. Ladies, if you ever take the dare and drop the nighty, and the inhibitions - and, of course, if you have the privacy - I guarantee you'll become addicted to the feeling of that fresh clear morning air caressing all of your body and blending you with the nakedness that is part of the beauty of good ole mother nature. Roses putting on growth in Victoria, lovely, and it must be deep winter down there: and bindis in the lawn, I, too, have them, bindi killer - Yates, I think - gets rid of them for awhile; and rose thorns in your feet, New dawn etc, as Cimmeron said, Well, yeah, I know the feeling but that's part of the beauty of roses, isn't it? I think the worse thorns I ever had on a rose has to be the big climber Mermaid, i grew it once along with a pair of New Dawns and what a huge climber it is with vicious rear-curving thorns, they open you up like a surgeons knife. But what a magnificent flower. Fellow rose growers and gardeners, I was wondering if someone out there could answer a question for me, though not a rose prob. I have a severe infestation of citrus leaf miner in my lime tree. though it causes no real problems to the tree, it looks ugly and I was wondering if anyone knows a cure other than pulling off hundreds of leaves.

• 18 years ago

Funnelweb-I had the same frustrating problem with slow loading because of the ads-up to 5 mins just for the front page!-but taking advice from others in gardenweb I have changed to Mozilla web browser.I can't believe the difference-back to instant loading and no ads!
    It seems to automatically stop a lot of them and then you can left click on any that do appear and block them from then on.
    I highly recommend it.
    regards
    sandie

• 18 years ago

Thanks sandie (cimmaron) I will go and download it, anything to escape adds that drift across the page while your reading messages!! So frustrating.

• 18 years ago

Ho Ho Ho now you guys can really know why I want privacy on my dam wall or the damn wall that has no privacy now... Keep suggestions coming... Oh for a home among the gum trees etc or rambling roses, banksias or even passionfruit vines.

• 18 years ago

Yeah, I think white oil is the only way to go as regards citrus leaf miner, I tried it a few months ago and it slowed the process, so did Yates's Labaycid substitute, but with the white oil I have to cover every one of a few hundred (thousand) leaves, and then pick off all the unsightly ones to bring back the beauty of the tree. Oh well, what must be done must be. And as for chrisblake's dam wall, obviously you'd like some privacy there pal, for some unclad gardening! Nothing will grow quick enough but maybe wattles, which are short lived but fairly quick growing might help in a year or two followed by some denser planting in between or in front of, such as acmeni smithii or one of the other new generation of lilly pillies. Avoid, though, the sysigyiums (though sysigium leumannii I don't think is affected) they mostly all suffer from psylids. Good luck and please excuse my spelling of plant names.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES