SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadianadia_gw

Dr Huey and wire trellis

nadianadia
18 years ago

My Ian Thorpe rose has turned into Dr Huey I am almost 90 percent certain. Nice red flowers with big yellow centres. They're supposed to be a totally different colour as a Thorpe. On one hand I'm annoyed cause Huey rootstock is supposed to last 50 years such a waste...on the other hand Dr Huey is not so bad. It was the 1920? or thereabouts rose award winner LOL and it flowers nicely. So to uproot or not uproot my rose failure LOL. Own root at least is hardy.

Angela is in bud for the first time and I wonder what the flowers will be like. On the positive side I was fascinated by aphids...having never seen them tho I rose gunned them immediately. I'm thinking at least the roses are moderately healthy enough to appeal as lunch...oh yeah.

Couldn't fit a trellis in my car so I'm going to have a go at a wire trellis for the climbing icebergs. (Believe me I tried ,,,, to the amusement of the Bunnings staff). Anyone hammer one up on their fence and how is it going? My questions are what to do with sagging wire, galvanised wire when it rusts and how many and how far apart to put up. I assume circular hooks on the fence? Oh well I'm willing to have a go leastways. Not being rather handyman like I bought pliers but they don't cut wire. Doh!

Comments (2)

Sponsored