SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artiew

Favourite garden region ?

artiew
17 years ago

Hi G-Webbers,

OK, once again I find myself foolish enough to risk incurring the wrath of those who disagree with my cyclopean view of the world (!), but my fave 'region' is the subtropics - a huge strip of the eastern seaboard extending (very roughly) from Coffs Harbour to Rocky. You'll find pockets further south (Sydney's Northern Beaches, for example) and north (the Atherton Tablelands has both tropical and subtropical rainforest), but its usually associated with the aforementioned coastal strip. Like the rest of Oz, I'd probably live in the Sunshine Coast hinterland if I could afford it.

I like the fact that we can grow such a wide range of plants, and are able to enjoy our gardens for the vast majority of the year. They may not be as painstakingly manicured as their southern counterparts, but that's personal preference : I prefer the wild look.

For all that, its hard not to admire the seasonal beauty of more temperate climes, and the efforts of many gardeners in these regions:

- Darling Downs/New England (brrr ...)

- NSW Southern Highlands and Blue Mountains (double brrrr ..)

- Victoria's Dandenongs and the High Country around Bright

- the Adelaide Hills

- southern WA during wildflower season

- Tassie (where do I start ?)

I'm interested to hear of your favourite garden region, whether I've already mentioned it or not. I hope to get to Tassie later this year, but there are many places in WA that I'll probably never see in person (even Adelaide is an increasingly dim memory) - its all good.

Cheers,

Artie

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services
More Discussions