SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muzzbait

frangipanis from seed...

muzzbait
19 years ago

alrighty...i'm 'planning' on bringing a darling frangipani into the world via a seed. i've been perusing ebay for seeds, and whilst most vendors are selling WAY more than i need, i am quite satisfied with the prices. now, i need someone to break it to me, and give me the ABSOLUTE truth. if i was to purchase some frangipani seeds, WHAT sort of change would i have of seeing some sort of (a) sprout and (b) inflos, mindful of the fact i live in cold and often-rainy melbourne...

what would you guys recommend any particular style? should i even bother? i've got about 10 cuttings that i 'rooted' about two months ago, and they look alright, i guess...i've started bringing them in overnight, now. it's getting mighty cold, as some of you may know...

but yeah, do you think it's even worth the hassle? will it work down here in melbourne? i've seen HUGE frangipani trees down here, though i've been told they have been established cuttings (or even mini-trees) sent down from queensland.

so yeah, give it to me straight: what chances have i got? also, which ebay sellers would you recommend? is there anyone else i can buy seeds from???

thanking you all in advance...

Comments (3)

Sponsored