SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hellebore_gw

Saffron Crocus bulbs

hellebore
20 years ago

Once in a while we all come across a garden product, plant, or producer that stands out from all others because of excellence. I recently purchased some saffron crocus from a producer in Wilmot here in Tasmania. The bulbs were of such superb quality that felt the urge to share the source with other gardeners.

Like most amateur cooks I dreamt of growing my own saffron to use fresh for such dishes as paella but had experienced difficulty in either getting bulbs of a decent quality or purchasing them in less than wholesale quantities.

By accident I heard of Peter Huber at Wilmot a small farming community on the way to Cradle Mountain. Peter sold me the most perfect bulbs I have ever seen, in small quantity to suit my small herb garden, he is a mine of highly professional information regarding the culture of saffron and as it happened the use of the stigmas in cooking.

I can earnestly recommend Peter's product to anyone wishing to extend their culinary and horticultural experiences. Peters e-mail address is below.

John

wilmotsaffroncrocus@yahoo.com

Comments (4)