SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wcbsjr_gw

Pics of my front yard...

wcbsjr
18 years ago

Hello Folks,

I actually posted in another forum (see below) before I found this one that caters to folks in our area.

---------Post from last month--------------

Hello everyone,

After enjoying all of your great gardens I've decided to share my first pass at my front yard.

First, let me give you a brief history of events:

My wife and I purchased the property 9 months ago. It was empty for about 5 years and was overrun with every weed you can think of. The property is in pretty sad shape and I've been working on making it our home.

As it turns out, my block entered the Greenest Block in Brooklyn contest this year. Of course, our house is the ugly duckling on the block and my neighbors all have amazing yards. The competition for this event is pretty tough and my neighbors are really into it. So, with many suggestions, coaxing and encouragement from them I managed to clean up and get a few plants in the ground and was able to do a few planters.

I consider this a first pass because at some point I will have to address the facade of the building. I'm sure this will be a messy job and I would hate to destroy all of the plants.

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions will be welcomed. I hope to do more planting to break up the large lawn area. I live in Brooklyn, NY (zone 6) and receive full sun for a major part of the day.

PS - I have a crappy camera and I believe when I resized the photos the pixels were distorted somehow. I hope you can still get an idea of what it looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: See Pics...

Comment