SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirlwa8

I have tendenitis...need suggestions about planting

flowergirlwa8
13 years ago

Hello again. I have developed tendenitis in my left elbow from planting 12 roses in rocky soil this spring. My new problem....I bought more roses of course. Last week I was lucky to be able to go to Heirloom Roses on my road trip. Of course I came home with roses...4. They were 20% off and buy 3 get one free. I couldn't just leave them there. I am not at this time physically able to dig out a mile of sod. The plants I bought are Darlow's Enigma, Night Owl, Outta the Blue. I also got a free mystery rose, big leaves, could also get big. I planted the Outta the Blue, it replaced a Betty Boop that died to the ground. I put BB in a perrenial bed to recover. It had little sprouts growing when I dug it up. Can I plant the bands...cover the surrounding area with cardboard and mulch? Would the grass eventually die? It's going to be hard enough digging the holes for the bands. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way, I spent 3 hours at Heirloom. The gardens are wonderful. My poor husband took a nap in the van. I closed the place down.

Jackie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz