SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmystar

How do I embed pictures in a post?

KimmyStar
11 years ago

How to post pics directly into thread without learning the code.
The absolute easiest and fastest way to post pics in a thread where you don't need to figure out the codes (you can learn them later) is to store your photos free at . They post the code under every picture so you would just copy and paste this code into the message. The code to copy starts with

then this 'img src'without the quote marks

then =

then post the URL here

then close with this bracket>

The one thing you should also do is change the pic size so it is not too big. Photobucket gives you an edit button above every pic and your final pic should be around 100k or less. I just hit the REDUCE BY 50% button and that usually does it for me.

To post by typing the HTML code yourself:
...First you must post your pictures in an online album like , etc.

Then you use the code

then this 'img src'without the quote marks

then =

then post the URL here

then close with this bracket>

To get the URLofpicture go to your album picture and right click on the full size picture. Left click on properties and copy the ENTIRE URL address from that window. Then go to the above code and take out the words URLofpicture and paste in what you copied. You can practise posting at the test forum test forum
A couple of hints:
Make sure you get the entire URL...some can be quite long and snapfish you need to get all 3 lines so pull your cursor past the first two so that you can copy the hidden 3rd line. Snapfish's URL's usually end in the letters si.

Make sure you type the code correctly..a lot of people mix up src and type scr and it will not work!

provided by annsb

Comment

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz