SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

I wish I could get Mickey to eat more.

alisande
14 years ago

Mickey's bathroom looks like an all-you-can-eat restaurant: In addition to his water bowl, he has two different kinds of dry food and a bowl of canned food. He still isn't eating enough to maintain his weight.

He'll nibble at the dry food, but the bowl that gets most of his attention is the canned, especially if I mix it with water.

I could be wrong, but I have the feeling he might do better once the cone collar is off. He's been wearing that collar (and living in the bathroom) for five weeks! I think the collar depresses him. He can't groom himself, for one thing.

I'm going to call the vet on Monday and ask her some questions, one of which is when we can take the collar off. His wound is scabbed over at last, but it isn't completely healed.

Do you have any suggestions for getting him to eat more, or something I can add to the canned food to provide nutrition and calories? He prefers soupy, watered-down canned food, but the vet found no problem with his mouth. In fact, she said his teeth are in good shape for his age.

Thanks!

Comments (20)