SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

eBay Sellers - Does This Happen to You?

lydia1959
16 years ago

Once people find out you sell, they want you to sell things for them? I don't always have things to sell and at one time I did think of selling on commission, but after a lot of thought I decided I wanted no part of it. I just saw too many potential problems (YOU sold it that low??? The fees were how much?? Of course it's an antique! Ect.). Even so my Mother brings me lots of stuff (most of which she has found at yard sales) and I sell it for her, most things bring in between $5. and $20., take out a dollar or two to cover the fees....the things that don't sell go into my basement for a future yard sale. She's my Mom, so I don't complain. Now I have a friend that I love dearly...but she is starting to want me to sell some more things for her. She has an eBay account, but has never sold anything. I am just going to tell her I will help her list the items under her own account. I offered to help her before and she just wasn't interested. The things she wants to sell are large and heavy and I really don't want to deal with the packing aspect at all. I also have 3 other sets of friends who had large amounts of stuff they wanted me to sell. I told them all that I didn't want to sell for other people and left it at that. Somebody else wanted me to sell a old car for them. It is just so frustrating!! They are my friends, but they don't realize the amount of work that goes into an auction. Some of them even think you can list on eBay for free. Everyone thinks their stuff is worth a fortune, too. It's so easy today to list on eBay...but they all act like they could never figure it out. I will gladly sit down and help any of them to list their own stuff, but they want no part of it.

Anybody else have this problem???

Yes, I just got asked again tonight which is why I am posting this.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County