SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicki_in_niles

I know how much I need to do this but I couldn't

nicki_in_niles
15 years ago

I couldn't bring myself to go to the Dr. today for my headaches. I'm still not feeling good, and I'm soooo tired. I didn't go, only because I missed so much work last week. Honestly, I feel it soooo bad that I need to go... I'm honestly scared as I told you all before so I will call the Dr tomorrow and see what (if any) evening hours they have. I just feel so bad about work.. and then there'e this "conference" that the daycare insists that I have this week (during work hours of course) because my littlest has just got a new teacher. Geesh! I tried to explain to them... but they aren't listening. I know Skylar is fine with her new teacher because she tells me all about "school".

This is the really good news guys!

As far as my work.. they were sooo cool when I went into work this morning (even though it took EVERYTHING I had, to make myself go I tell ya because I'm still sick and shaking and the head thing AND on top of that, I was scared everybody would be mad at me) Anyway, I had left messages for my boss AND her boss last week telling them I didn't expect to get paid for last week (even though I'm salary) I just didn't feel right about it. I know it sounds crazy and most of you said not to (just call me a disobedient child! lol) My boss's boss pulled me into her office and told me that I WILL get paid and that's what salary is for. :o) She was very, very kind. THEN, the owner pulled me into his office to give me a bonus check! (man... then I REALLY felt like crap I tell ya!) I hugged him without even thinking about it I was so thankful. I'm going to say a HUGE thank you prayer to God.

And I wanted to thank all of you so very much for your prayers and good thoughts and support AND kind words!! You guys are awesome, ya know that!? I can't say enough how much you all help me constantly.

Again... thank you all and hugs to you.

Comments (5)

• coral_ok
    15 years ago

Nicki, I'm so happy for you about the way things are going at your job! Just know that we're all going to hold you to your intention to call your doctor tomorrow, okay? :)

• tralynn
    15 years ago

I'm very happy for you about work, but you still need to get to the doctor about those head aches.I know you are scared and I would be too, but you will not be any good to any one else if you do not take care of yourself. I know I sound like I'm preaching, but you really do need to take care of yourself. Quit worrying about work, they seem to be very pleased with you at work, and they don't won't you feeling this way either. Now tomorrow morning get on that phone and call the doctor. It may not be anything real serious, but do you want to go through the holidays, feeling this way and not knowing? Not too long ago my dh was having alot of problems and I was just as scared as he was. The not knowing is almost worse than what is wrong. When they finally figured out the problem, we didn't like the answer, (m.s.) but at least we know what we are dealing with now. Please, Please go.

• dottieq
    15 years ago

I'm just a lurker but I couldn't resist responding. GO to the doctor TOMORROW without fail. You owe it if not to yourself, to your husband and daughter. It could be something as simple as a sinus infection but it could also be something more serious that can be treated if not neglected. Its the "if not neglected" part that is so important!

• ont_gal
    15 years ago

Nikki...YOU'RE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE KIND OF WORKPLACE THAT YOU DO...GOOD FOR YOU

As FAR AS YOUR HEaDACHES,AND FEELING CRAPPY GOES,if YOU have WHAT I HAVE HAD AND STILL HAVE,ITS THIS FLU BUG THAT IS SWEEPING THRU.

i still AM MORE TIRED THAN EVER,EXPERIENCE THE heaDACHES,HAVE SORE EYES,BUT THANKFUL THAT THE "OTHER" issues have resolved themselves.

I was told that this flu takes upwards of 6 weeks to shake...hopefully this is all you have.

Soprry for the caps....hit the key--too lazy to go back and type it all back out*S*S*S*

• ivamae
    15 years ago

nicki, please, please and keep us posted.