SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

Good Thoughts for a friend please...

pattico_gw
16 years ago

Denny and I are friends with this couple...Denny worked with him for 25 years or so.

His wife...Donna...a few years ago started having a hard time breathing...Went to the doctor...he said she had some disease that was deteriorating her lung. It was rapid moving.

She was put on a transplant list, and received one lung a few years ago. She has had nothing but trouble. Her body keeps trying to reject it. They keep changing her meds trying to find a better solution. Over and over again.

She has been getting worse.

We went out for dinner a few weeks ago...She looked terrible. She has always been real skinny. Always tried to gain weight. Now she is just skin and bones. and her hands are just black.

Tonight we got an email from her husband. He wanted us to know they are making arrangements for Hospice to come in.

She says she will not go to the hospital again. and the doctors have no more ideas to try.

They have been married 47 or 48 years. He is really having a hard time..

She is a fighter. John thinks maybe she will bounce back because she has before. I think she could but I think he is living on hope.

They just built a brand new home on a lake. A beautiful home. She didn't want it. but I think he wanted her to have it.

Just a very sad thing...I'm heartbroken for them.

I think she is just worn out.

patti

Comments (13)