SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tubless

How Do You Feel About Martha Stewart?

Georgysmom
13 years ago

In lieu of someone's comment on the parchment paper post, I was wondering how you feel about Martha Stewart? I know she had some problems with DH and her friend when she was first getting started but after she served her time in prison I thought she came down to earth a little bit. I liked the way she laughed at herself and I rather like her now.

Comments (50)

• donna_loomis
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I don't have a problem watching Martha's shows or buying products endorsed by her. I judge a show or product on its merit alone, not hers. Goodness, anyone who endorses a product has a private life and you can bet there are things they'd like to keep hidden. If we refused to purchase products endorsed by people who have treated people badly or led less than stellar lives, we might all be living as simply as Shakers.

Sure, Martha has made some bad choices. So have I. She's sure accomplished a lot more than I ever will. I don't envy her, but I don't despise her either. LALL.

• lilliepad
    13 years ago

I like her but her voice can be annoying at times.LOL

• Related Discussions

How is Martha Stewart Everyday paint from Sears?

Q

Comments (9)
    I think that with "regular" paint, as opposed to full-spectrum paint, color matching can work. I did a whole condo in those Martha colors (Verdigris, Caneware, Meadow Way and Winter Surf four-color chip, as well as two trim colors, three extra colors for bedrooms and bath, and a pale blue for the ceilings) but I had them all matched at Benjamin Moore. Have done the same here at this house with a few more Martha colors...like the Atlantic in my bathroom...the color Moonshadow covets! Here's the catch...persistence and a good eye are often required to make a good match. Yes, the computer will scan the color, but the person doing the mixing must also paint a bit on the sample card, dry it down and then tweak it until it's right. That is all about going beyond what a computer can do and using the human eye. Hopefully, said human has lots of experience! My BM guy spent nearly 30 minutes trying to get the Winter Surf right. It is a complex color and he really worked at it. He wasn't happy, but he didn't give up. I have never used Behr and admittedly, I am a paint snob! ;-) I wouldn't dream of using the K-Mart paint, even of it were available. (I love the "boutique" brands and full spectrum paints. Otherwise I am a Benjamin Moore fan.) I think what matters most is whether the person at Home Depot will really work to get it matched right. And whether you like Behr. I can just imagine a busy Saturday morning. HD is slammed and they won't take the time to make it the best they can. They're busy and they don't really care. But, I can also imagine a quiet Tuesday morning. You find someone who has been there a while, takes pride in their work and likes a challenge. It could go either way. That'll have to be your call. My experience with service at HD has been marginal. I also hear that HD can be fussy about taking back mistakes. In all likelihood, you won't have that problem with a Benjamin Moore dealer. What color are you looking at, btw?
    ...See More

Me vs. Martha Stewart: How do you compare?

Q

Comments (11)
    I love Martha Stewart. She has a lot of pets...including horses, and so do I. She collects lots of interesting vintage things and so do I. She has some great pieces of faux bois garden accessories....and so do I! She loves vintage roses and so do I. I emailed her support when her trial was going on and received an answer back. She doesn't have a grand child and will probably never have one, and my daughter also says she isn't having children, so, so don't I. :)) Anyway, I admire her more than any other famous person. I wish I was more like her. This place definitely needs some sprucing up. Nothing that a few billion dollars couldn't take care of.
    ...See More

Martha Stewart's New Comedy Show!

Q

Comments (5)
    This sounds hilarious! I'll have to write in and suggest an old Thanksgiving turkey episode if they don't already have it lined up. I saw an old tape of it at a friend's house. A friend of a friend had the hots, BIG TIME, for Martha. The part where she's rubbing the bird down, braless, was just too much!
    ...See More

Do you buy from QVC and/or Martha Stewart?

Q

Comments (11)
    Back when I had cable, actually when I had cable that had QVC, I enjoyed watching it at times. I bought from them occasionally. Liked having it shipped to me rather than fight the crowds at holiday time and occasionally they had unusual things that I wanted. As far as the four-time felon goes, I just hope she doesn't have any non-fatal heart attacks. People often bash Walmart, but should look into the stunts the 4TF pulls with employees in her operation. QVC really got me to consider internet buying. As said though you have to consider the shipping and the tax too. For a while, there was no sales tax on QVC purchases so it could offset some of the shipping but not anymore. Actually, tax as I recall was higher than sales tax here so you need to look at the bottom line. Plus they used to reimburse you return shipping charges if you returned something but not anymore. That potential also needs to be factored in. I bought a toaster for a gift one time. It was one that you just put the bread in and it would lower it in automatically, then slowly raise it up when finished. Couldn't find one anywhere else. Went through two of them and gave up. The return shipping was nearly the cost of the stupid appliance.
    ...See More
  • folkvictorian
    13 years ago

I saw her on Oprah in the late 80's or early 90's before Oprah made her famous. It was this time of year and she had set a holiday table with many different sets of dishes. Oprah complimented her on a particular dish pattern and Martha said she'd gotten them at an estate sale. The sale was by the family of an old woman who'd been put in a nursing home and when the woman found out her things had been sold, she asked for the dishes back. Martha said no, she liked them too much to give/sell them back. I'll NEVER have any respect for her and her astonishing greed.

• nicole__
    13 years ago

She is an American Icon! WOW! What a life she's led. I enjoy her!

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

I think you're right about her willingness to laugh at herself now. I catch her show every now and then and it cracks me up when she does that. She always seemed so proper before - you almost had the feeling that she never really laughed loud and hard.

• danihoney
    13 years ago

I don't have a problem buying something she endorses, but I can't watch her. The way she speaks to people really annoys me. She sounds so arrogant. I don't buy her magazines or her cookbooks either.

• dotmom
    13 years ago

I liked her old show (before prison) she irritates me when she constantly interrupts and speaks over her guests. So I don't watch her much at all, and then only for a few minutes minutes.

• glenda_al
    13 years ago

She's interesting.

• pekemom
    13 years ago

She doesn't bother me, probably because I never care to watch her.....

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Funny Joke: MARTHA STEWART'S HOLIDAY CALENDAR

December 1: Blanch carcass from Thanksgiving turkey. Spray paint gold, turn upside down and use as a sleigh to hold Christmas cards.

December 2: Have Mormon Tabernacle Choir record outgoing Christmas message for answering machine.

December 3: Using candlewick and hand gilded miniature pinecones, fashion cat-o-nine tails. Flog gardener.

December 4: Repaint Sistine Chapel ceiling in ecru, with mocha trim.

December 5: Get new eyeglasses. Grind lenses myself.

December 6: Fax family Christmas newsletter to Pulitzer committee for consideration.

December 7: Debug Windows XP.

December 8: Create snow sculpture replica of Bethlehem at the birth of Christ.

December 9: Align carpets to adjust for curvature of Earth.

December 10: Lay Faberge egg.

December 11: Erect ice skating rink in front yard using spring water I bottled myself. Open for neighborhood children's use. Create festive mood by handmaking snow and playing my Christmas album.

December 12: Collect dentures. They make excellent pastry cutters, particularly for decorative pie crusts.

December 13: Install plumbing in gingerbread house.

December 14: Replace air in mini-van tires with Glade 'holiday scents' in case tires are shot out at mall.

December 15: Take dog apart. Disinfect. Reassemble.

December 16: Child proof the Christmas tree with garland of razor wire.

December 17: Outfit neighborhood rats with tiny antlers.

December 18: Adjust legs of chairs so each Christmas dinner guests will be same height when sitting at their assigned seats.

December 19: Dip sheep and cows in egg whites and roll in confectioner's sugar to add a festive touch to the pasture.

December 20: Drain city reservoir; refill with mulled cider, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.

December 21: Float votive candles in toilet.

December 22: Seed clouds for white Christmas.

December 23: Do my annual good deed. Go to several stores. Be seen engaged in last minute Christmas shopping, thus making many people feel less inadequate than they really are.

December 24: Bear son. Swaddle. Lay in color coordinated manger scented with homemade potpourri.

December 25: Alphabetize all the Christmas gifts for family and friends and cross-reference by color and size.

December 26: Write and mail Christmas thank-you notes. Order cards for next Christmas. Estimate number of cards needed by allowing for making new friends and actuarially appropriate death rates for current friends and relatives.

December 27: Organize spice racks by genus and phylum.

December 28: Build snowman in exact likeness of God.

December 29: Hand sew 365 quilts, each using 365 material squares I weaved myself used to represent the 365 days of the year. Donate to local orphanages.

December 30: Release flock of white doves, each individually decorated with olive branches, to signify desire of world peace.

December 31: New Year's Eve! Give staff their resolutions. Call a friend in each time zone of the world as the clock strikes midnight in that time zone

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

Totally ignore her.

• susan_on
    13 years ago

I do like her, warts and all. Kayjones, some of those are really funny!

• lynn_d
    13 years ago

I don't watch her but I do get a few of her magazines. I love Everyday Food and am deciding about Whole Food. I have always enjoyed her.

• cynic
    13 years ago

The shows without her are OK. 99% of the time I turn the channel if she darkens the screen. To me she's nothing more than a four-time felon and lucky it's only four times. Her arrogance of saying she went to "prison" makes me gag with laughter. PRISON?? ROFL Camp cupcake is FAR from prison and her house arrest in a mansion is hardly "prison". The greedy low-life even took advantage of the cohabitants of camp cupcake stealing the design of the shawl they made. How's the saying? A leopard doesn't lose its spots? Or is it a felon doesn't lose its stripes. She's a greedy hag and wish her what she deserves - nothing but the worst.

And that pompous over-enunciation of everything makes me turn the channel. I'm not a huge fan of David Letterman but he sure put her in her place! And for that matter, Donald Trump brought her down a few deserved pegs too.

She has a lot of talented people working for her, no doubt. I'm curious why none have gone out on their own. Many of them put her to shame on most things.

Hard to decide which is worse, Martha Stewart, or telemarketers. It's a tossup I guess. They get equal respect or lack thereof from me.

• lydia1959
    13 years ago

I don't know why really, but I don't like her. There are very few people I dislike. The three celebrities I really dislike are Martha Stewart, Angie Dickenson and Mariah Carrey (odd bunch, eh??). I think Martha is just too bossy... I don't like people telling me how to do something. No rhyme or reason... just don't like her.

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

I don't hate her, but don't love her either.

She has some great ideas, and some great recipes. I enjoy quite a few of them. I won't reject them out of hand simply because they came from her.

• coral_ok
    13 years ago

ROFL kayjones!!!

• sue36
    13 years ago

I admire her greatly. She is above all else a teacher...she has high standards. I admire that everything she seeks to do is with purpose and quality. She is by no means perfect, but who is?

In terms of her time in prison...she was in a minimum security facility. Where would one expect her to be? She was convicted on a non-violent crime and had a clean record. Does anyone think those people are ever sent to Super Max? Additionally, her crime was lying to federal investigators. If she had made the exact same statements to non-Federal law enforcement what she did would not even be a crime. Until her case most people were not even aware that lying to federal investigators is a crime. Can you imagine if every person who ever lied to the police was sent to jail for 6 months> That doesn't negate what she did, but when you look at the crimes committed by so many in business and government, it makes her offense look minor in comparison. She is no Kenneth Lay.

I think many people are intimidated by her. I am not intimidated by much, but I admit I would be intimidated to meet her. She seems like such a proper perfectionist, but you can see there is a silly, fun side to her as well.

Hey, most people as successful as her have a reputation for being bossy and difficult...she is no different except she wears heals instead of loafers.

• carol_in_california
    13 years ago

She certainly is good at marketing herself and her products.

• dorothy_oahu
    13 years ago

I get too bored when watching her. I'd rather watch HGTV.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

I record her show every day since it's not carried by a major network, but I find I ff thru most of them. Her shows are one big Martha ad. She has her face in everything. She IS greedy and was not a good mother or wife. There have been books by her former good friends which tell the real story. People are sacred of her. She doesn't speak to some of her siblings. She came from an ordinary background but you would think she was royalty. She markets her self well.

• bulldinkie
    13 years ago

Shes got her stuff together.I mean look what this woman has done,I saw a special of how shes does everything,She makes it look like she does it all but shes got lots of people helping.I do like some of her ideas.Sheis good.

• Jasdip
    13 years ago

I like her, but I don't watch her show.
    I think she was the scapegoat for going to prison. What she did, didn't harm anyone's pension or robbed anyone's life savings.
    I think they sent her to prison, just to make it look good.
    Other people have done much worse, with white-collar crime.

• Chi
    13 years ago

I don't really care for her. I find her attitude to be condescending and she comes off very "holier than thou" when dealing with people.

• monica_pa Grieves
    13 years ago

Ditto with chi83.

• azzalea
    13 years ago

I'm apparently the one who sparked you to start this thread. I destest her. And it really has nothing at all to do with her recent trip to prison. I've seen her be rude to guests. Even her own MOTHER--saw her correct how her mother was doing something while GRABBING the food out of the poor woman's hands!!! MS's husband (a lawyer by profession) got really into rennovating Victorian homes, decided that was his passion, and that he wanted to stop lawyering and go into that kind of work. She refused to let him--and eventually ruined her marriage--although I'm sure that wasn't the only problem the poor man had, being married to Miss "I'm Better Than Everyone Else In The World".

On top of the fact that those issues show her to be a very vain, selfish, uncaring person, there's the fact that she DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COOK! I've seen her do things using very poor technique on TV. When she first started out, her cook books were a HUGE joke in the industry. There were so many recipes in them that simply would not work if followed as written. Now, she has a staff that makes sure the stuff in the books, magazines works, but that's NOT her work.

However, regarding her conviction? I think she got off easy. Do you know what her job was before she became Miss Martha, The Perfect? She was a stockbroker. She knows the rules (just doesn't believe they apply to her, apparently), and should be held to a higher standard than the general public when it comes to investing.

I don't have time for someone like that in my life or on my TV.

• Tally
    13 years ago

I don't have an opinion either way. I think she's very creative, but I'm not at home to watch her show.

I bought her first book, "Entertaining" in the late 80's and had my wedding cake modeled after the one in the book.

• Cricketm
    13 years ago

Martha Stewart has always been an inspiration to me. I love her ideas on gardening, decorating and cooking. You know it is funny these politicians get away for stealing not paying their taxes etc. but,they sent Martha to prison for doing something very minor. I felt sorry for her when that happen. I DVR her show on Hallmark because I never watch TV in the daytime -- this way I could watch it when I like and fast forward anything I don't like.

She is the best....I love Lida too....PBS has the best cooking shows. I don't really like HGTV anymore because they don't have gardening only shows about homes....and Food Network lost me when Emeril left. I don't like Food Network cooking shows at all....so amateur.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

I don't like how her line of merchandise comes in to a store and other smaller companies lose out. She is ok in some regards I don't get her show too often

• matti5
    13 years ago

I don't really have any issues with Martha, but then again I don't watch her show. I think her daughter Alexis is a snob.

Cricketm, I agree that PBS has the best cooking shows. Lydia is my favorite. Seems as though food network is all about cooking competitions.

• petra_gw
    13 years ago

I am pretty neutral about MS, but a friend of mine really likes her. She lives in Maine and used to do landscaping/yard maintenance for a living. MS owns a home there and hired her. According to friend, MS is very friendly, down-to-earth, and came out herself each time to pay, tip, and compliment on a job well done.

• ruthieg__tx
    13 years ago

I like her and I like most of her shows that I have seen over the years.....that she runs smaller companies out of business sounds like the old Wal-Mart mantra.......How many little people sell sheets and home goods in stores like Kmart or where ever it is she sells her stuff.

I think her shows these days are more geared to the every day housewife who is pinching penny's and still trying to be creative .......years ago, her projects would have put most women in debt for 6 months to even try and copy..

I saw her once apologize for talking over a guest and sounding pushy but she said, that she had only so many minutes and needed to keep the show moving so I guess now I understand the need to be pushy..expecially with ones on Mother......LOL been there done that..

• Oakley
    13 years ago

To me she's nothing more than a four-time felon...

Wow. Ever heard of Saint Paul and what he did?

Back to the topic. Unless we've lived with her and her dh at the time, we shouldn't judge or throw stones. It takes two people to make a marriage work.

While I don't enjoy her shows, I do enjoy her products. I was one of those who used to make fun of her until I realized she helps design and sell very nice products where most people can now afford them.

Before Martha, we'd have to spend a fortune buying a "pretty" dishtowel or a wooden spoon.

I don't follow her cooking so I can't comment on that.

But of course she has employees who do a lot of work for her. Her job is creating and seeing it come to fruition.

That's what Engineers and Architects do every day!

In fact I'd love for Martha to come to my home and give me some ideas!

• sue36
    13 years ago

When are people (some above) going to to get that her conviction had nothing to do with her past experience as a stock broker. She was not indicted or convicted of insideer trading. They surely would have gone after her on that if there was evidence. She was convicted of lying to federal investigators, stupidly trying to help a friend. She did not get off lightly, 99% of people would not even be tried for what she did, never mind spend time in prison. They went after her and went after her hard. And who suffered? MSLO stockholders, that is who.

As far as the breakdown of her marriage, he was the one who committed adultery, not her. Notice that her daughter speaks to her but not the X?

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

For the most part I admire her and find her interesting - she's been successful primarily due to her own work ethic which she says was instilled in her by her parents. She has spoken often and with great fondness about growing up in Nutley, NJ in a middle class but hard working environment and has mentioned many times how she and her siblings were responsible for helping around the house cooking,cleaning, sewing, gardening and canning.

Part of her success is also the fact that she is came into the commercial market at the right time and filled a niche. Many baby boomers were at that point in their lives where they were decorating homes and entertaining and found her TV shows full of inspiration. The first time I saw her was an early TV special on Thanksgiving and I was just bowled over by the imaginative table settings and the beautifully decorated barn ( I think it was a barn or perhaps just a rustic room) and then she went and served the soup in individual pumpkins! This was before the Cooking Channel and HGTV so I don't think there were many other readily available sources.

Over the years I've watched her shows and I always learn something. The cooking and craft segments are usually well thought out and fully explained. Perhaps I get more from them because I'm not naturally creative or talented in the home arts. While I've become very capable it didn't come naturally. My Mother wasn't much of a cook, she seldom baked except for chocolate chip cookies and Snickerdoodles, never made soup except to open a can of Campbell's, and she kept a spotless and pleasant home that resembled most of the other homes in our neighborhood. I seldom watch her shows now, I liked the older ones without all the guest stars awkwardly learning a craft but I still tune in when she's giving a tour of her homes.

As for her personal life I certainly don't know enough enough to make any accusations. As far as lying to the investigators - yes she probably knew it was wrong yet it's interesting that you can lie to the police but not to the feds. I'm not excusing her actions but I wouldn't turn off her TV show because of it.

One final comment - and I can't believe that I had that much to say about Martha. In the last 15 years I have bought many of her products and without exception they have been well made and priced right. Just yesterday I was at Macy's looking for new sheets and there was a wide range to chose from in her line. She even had something I've been looking for - cotton and poly blend percale in a 300 thread count. I have of her enameled cast iron Dutch ovens and they are even better then my Le Creuset since they have dimples on the inner lid that allows the moisture to drip back into the pan.

So - in my opinion Martha is a 'good thing' - isn't that her line?

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

She can put her shoes under my bed any old time. Steve in Baltimore County.

• Georgysmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Too funny Steve...hope you have Martha Stewart sheets and it's very clean under your bed before her perfectly lined up shoes go there!

• susan_on
    13 years ago

LOl, Steve!

• bigfoot_liz
    13 years ago

well since i've been in my 20's i loved her for her cooking and crafts and attention to detail. back then i admired someone who bucked the new trend to use pre-made junk like mac & cheese, rice a roni, & boxed cake mixes etc... one time in my early 20's i had 2 parties to go to and went to one and sent a homemade bread bowl and dip w/ some friends to the other. i was very well known for my own large spread parties having homemade food & fancy drinks. my friends who took the dip told everyone i even grew & milled the grain for the homemade bread LOL. now again there are 'chefs' out there espousing using pre-made junk as "homemade" please lol...

i think she has brought about a renewal in crafts, gardening, making things at home and doing your own home repairs. i grew up knowing X-cross stitch, crochet, knitting, sewing, canning, cooking, gardening etc...things today most 20-30 yrs don't and it shocks me. we didn't live on a farm or in the country we lived in a city (chicago) but we did these things just like our parents had done them too. i also like that she has a similiar background of being polish and a hardworking middle class family.

i also admire that she served her prison sentence and came back and turned around MSLiving to be better than it ever was. being the child of 2 CPA's and certified financial planners i KNOW lots of people share the same info she learned & profitted from it's a common practice but she lied, got caught and prosecuted and paid her dues. she probably could have fought to get a light sentence or probation, heck she could afford to buy her way out of it but she didn't.

i know all of friends and family have greatly benefitted from what i have learned from her lol! ~ liz

• Jasdip
    13 years ago

Do you guys remember the story-line some of created using old TV programs?

Someone's contribution was something like "Martha Stewart coming to the rescue and tying tablecloths together to make a parachute". It was hilarious!
    (You had to be there) LOLOL

• matti5
    13 years ago

Jasdip that someone was me. I had so much fun with that story line lol. We should do that again!

• User
    13 years ago

I guess she is like the rest of us, she has warts and skeletons. I just didn't have to go to jail for mine, thank God! I like some of her ideas, some I don't. Liked her better since she is been out of jail than before she went to jail. She softened like the creamy butter she uses.

• nanny98
    13 years ago

I am glad that I read this thread...I was tempted to pass it by, expecting...well, you know. I love all the thoughtful responses. I am not a "fan" person, but Martha has brought a little bit of "style" to this "plain" child of the depression who would never have thought that "slicing radishes onto a salad" could decorate it; among many many other simple things.
    And, I am so glad that teachers like Martha have helped our daughters to also have this "flair" that just did not come naturally to their mothers. Thanks. Nanny

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

She can put her shoes under my bed any old time. Steve in Baltimore County.

Steve that is the first time I've heard that in over XX years
    a girlfriend in high school used to say that about then actor R Reagan!!

• cynic
    13 years ago

It's ludicrous to suggest the 4time felon didn't know she was committing a crime. She's wrapped up with so many lawyers she can't claim "I didn't know it was a crime!" And they didn't prosecute her for the insider trading, that doesn't mean she didn't do it. After the problems with juries letting criminals off because they're high-profile people there was a reason to go for the lesser charges. She had the chance to plea bargain but her own arrogance convinced herself that she could walk like Jackson, Simpson and Blake. And then cried that she was home-bound and went to camp cupcake.

How many actually think these "ideas" are hers? Insider trading scams? Sure, I'll bet that's her idea (as she said it's nice to have friends in the business to help you out) but you can't honestly think she comes up with recipes or things on the show any more than thinking Leno writes all his own jokes. Or do you?

Her shoes under my bed? Not even with three bags...

• jel48
    13 years ago

Guess I'd say I'm neutral. I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about Martha Steward, at least not until reading this thread :-)

I might watch a few minutes of her show, now and then, if I happen to look at a channel and it's on and she's doing something that interests me, but I wouldn't normally sit down and watch it all the way through. I do think she has some nice craft and decorating ideas from time to time.

I'm just not into caring that much about celebrities. I find people that I know in 'real life' (and yes, that does include the KT) much more interesting.

• quilly
    13 years ago

I can't see where anyone has said that she didn't know that she had committed a crime. mairecate said she probably knew she had committed a crime - that's not a denial. I'm not a fan - I actually find her current shows uninteresting- I don't care about celebrities learning how to make Halloween costumes from a piece of string or whatever. Sometimes she's like the MacGyver of homemaking.

But I have to give her credit for being a self starter and growing her own brand. She learned at home as a kid and then built it into a business. She started a catering business in her basement and developed it into a huge business.

I don't think anyone here is naive enough to think she now creates her own recipes. Of course she has a huge staff developing crafts and recipes but that doesn't deny that she has a natural talent. It's not like some corporate omni-producer found her and hired her to pretend she can cook.

• wine50
    13 years ago

Well said Sue 36. I agree with everything you said. I really like MS products. Good quality and well priced. Don't know her personally so, I don't figure I'm qualified to comment about her private life. Although, I do give the 'ole girl credit when it came to prison time. She stepped up and said let's get it over with now. She could have dragged in on forever in the courts. Contrary to prior posts this place is not a resort. I can't imagine having to leave my home, friends and family to go serve time in some hell hole. You go Martha, glad to have you back.

• susan_on
    13 years ago

She doesn't even pretend she comes up with all those recipes and projects herself, she proudly promotes her staff and highlights their talents on a regular basis. She's a pretty remarkable woman.

• teresava
    13 years ago

I can't stand her. She doesn't seem genuine to me at all and I swear she is smirking inside her head while speaking to her guests. She irritates me so I never watch her shows. This was all before her prison stay, so that didn't influence my opinion of her. I've heard many a story about her treating people/workers very rudely, and it doesn't surprise me.

While I don't like her, I can't deny she has certainly built an empire around herself/name!