SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom24_gw

Update on life... (Warning,...could get wordy)

mom24
16 years ago

Life has a way of getting away from me when I'm busy, so I apologize for any birthdays, births or news I missed. I do try to check in with the KT regularly but I don't always have time to post. Things have been hectic to say the least. I'll give you all a little update and hopefully not bore you to tears.

I accepted a new position at a hospital near us in the nursing field. It's really a great chance for me because they offer full tuition reimbursement for their RN school and it would allow me to go back to school to turn my LPN degree into either a RN degree or to go to school for an x-ray tech position. For awhile there, I was working 3 part-time jobs and it was really starting to wear me down. This allows me to have more freedom and to give up the job with the Newspaper office. I'm still planning to run my cleaning business because I really do enjoy that and make good money at it. I start my new job in January and I'm very excited at the prospect of patient care again. I love the medical field.

As for the custody thing... I'll give you a little recap to refresh your memories. We went to court for joint custody of my step son in 2003 and were granted that. This past summer, his mom sued us again for custody saying that we were unfit. (She's the queen of frivolous lawsuits) She, of course, had no basis for this but decided it was a way to cause us grief and cost us money, so to court we went. As it stands right now, we are on our third mediation session and we are all involved in counseling with Cason and with his mom. So far, the judge has pretty much scolded her at each session and told her this was a ridiculous move on her part, but he has to hear it out. In a way, it worked out well for us- his mom hasn't shown up for a counseling session yet but the counseling is doing wonders for Jamie and Cason and is helping me to find a voice in all of this. Of course, it also accomplished her goals of costing us money (court costs and counseling) but he'll be 18 in a May of 2009. The fun part is that Jamie and I agreed that no matter what we were going to refuse to act like any of this bothered us and it's a little fun to see her squirm.

The boys football team is still playing strong. We're district champs and going for Eastern District Championship this Friday. The kids have put so much work into it and they are underdogs all the way, but they have incredible heart, so we're still going strong.

Samantha made Varsity Basketball her first year out and got a role in the play, Annie.

Summer is busy with girl scouts and has a list as long as my arm for santa.

Whew... I think that's about it. What's going on in your life?

Comments (3)