SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

Please, can we talk about...

gazania_gw
16 years ago

Can we talk about bathroom towels? I have been needing to replace the bathroom towels for some time. It seems that the style for towels today is the bigger the better and all have that wide decorative stripe near one end that is a different weave. One, I really don't want a mammoth towel and two, I have had bad experiences twice in the past 10 years with those wide decorative stripes. Those stripes shrink up leaving the towel with an un attractive 'ruffled' bottom end. They werent cheap towels either.

Yesterday, at Kohls, I found some really nice towels that suited me. The price was right, regular 16.99 on sale at half price, so I bought $137 worth to outfit 2 bathrooms. At home, I read the washing instructions..."Machine wash warm, gentle cycle, Do not bleach, Tumble dry low. What the...good grief, these are 100% cotton! Are those instructions really necessary? These are thick towels! On the gentle cycle, they will come out of the washer almost dripping wet and on low heat in the dryer, it will take forever to dry them. That is just plain stupid to me. Is this what is on the lable of all towels these days? Anyone have any experience with towels that they would like to share?

Comments (15)