SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cream_please

anyone with celiac disease, gluten intol., or ibs?

cream_please
15 years ago

Would you mind talking with me about this if you have any of those problems?

A brief history. Two years ago this December I had my gall bladder removed after a violent attack. They did the exams and found the gall bladder inflamed/diseased so they felt the best remedy was to remove it.

Within three days of removal I started to bloat, something that never happened to me before. Within the last two years I've been on anti ulcer meds. Had a colonoscopy and endoscopy, with no signs of cancer. They did find h pylori and diverticulitis (losis? I always get them mixed up).I rarely have heartburn, but shortly after eating, (actually in between eating, too), I have bad stomach pain. More right on the stomach and nearby. Sometimes have sudden, loose bowels (I'm sorry to be so graphic). My stomach has a constant gnawing sensation. Sometimes I'm bloated even if I haven't eaten. But nearly every time after eating I bloat and am in pain for hours.

I'm sorry this is so long, and I may have more questions, but my gastroenterologist gave me pain meds (dyclomine)and said to come back if needed.

Have any of you gone through anything like this?

Can the removal of the gall bladder cause such an abrupt change in the digestive functions? BTW I'm sixty and never before had digestive problems. I've read some of these diseases are hereditary, but I figure if that were the case I would have had symptoms long before.

Anyway...thanks for listening and sharing your experiences.

Cream

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH