SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Bricks and mortar stores have a very limited future

3katz4me
12 years ago

as far as I'm concerned. I had the day off today and planned to run errands and pick up a few things I needed - some of which required a bit of a drive to a specialty store.

First stop - very limited selection of what I needed - they could order something for me. Hello - I could have ordered something myself if I wanted to buy sight unseen. I left without the main thing I wanted to purchase and decided to look for it online. I ended up buying it later for half the price they could offer it to me for and found that the other items I did purchase at the store were far cheaper online.

Second stop - actually hit three stores looking for a simple pair of Levis 505 jeans for DH for Christmas. Second year trying to buy in a bricks and mortar store with same results - none in his size. As I stood in the third store I thought: why am I doing this? I bet I could buy these online in less than a minute. I got on my iPhone in the store while I was still standing there and bought the two pairs of jeans I've tried to find in the store for two years - done in less than one minute.

Next stop drug store - also missing what I went there for.

I came home and ordered everything I was looking for online - free shipping, better prices. Done in minutes.

I think the only thing I'll be going to a bricks and mortar store for in the future is groceries. I am so done with driving around to these stores only to leave empty handed. Not to mention poor to entirely absent service. What a waste of time.

Comments (19)