SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roco0101

A T-day dilema I need help with

roco0101
13 years ago

Short history - I hate my DIL (love my GD and son). DIL's immediate family has one drunk (Mom), one pothead (Dad), an out of control 16 yo sister and a little sister that is lost in the mess - she needs some serious help. DIL is following in the footsteps of her family but is tossing infidelity on top of it. They put the "fun" in dysfunctional.

DIL called me last week to inform me that the rest of her immediate family (Gma, Gpa, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces) are heading off to parts unknown for T-day so wouldn't it be fun if her parents, they and us had T-day at my house since it's so much bigger. Taken aback, I said, "Okay." I was just thinking of having DS (which I've had for T-Day for 28 years) and my GD) so I'd fall for anything.

I've tried for two days now to get ahold of Drunk Mom or Stupid DIL to figure out a menu - who's bringing what. No one returns my call.

I swear, by all that's Holy, I just want to cancel T-day and DH and I put a turkey in the oven (so we have leftovers) and go out to eat.

Nine people for dinner.....I don't like 5 of them!

Thanks. That felt better just getting it out.

No dinner here. I'll have DS and GD over for hot turkey sandwiches the next week.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath