SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Droid or Iphone

two25acres
12 years ago

Ok, time for a phone upgrade and we are not tech savy. Have had AT&T since 2008 and we're thinking it's time to upgrade. Currently I carry a garmin phone with touch screen and large readable screen. Hubby carries and old flip phone. We do not have a land line so our phones are the only source of communication. We don't do allot of that though. We work together and anybody that needs to reach us know's where to find us during the day. I have almost 5000 rollover minutes. We average 200 minutes a month. Went to AT&T yesterday to get a battery for my phone. They don't carry them in the store. Asked about upgrades and after discussing our options just really didn't find any reason to stay with them. They didn't seem interested in keeping the business. Before I purchase a battery though I figure we should shop. Went to Verizon and explained to them that we aren't really looking for hi tech phone but there are certain things I do like. For example, shopping list, to do list, voice activated, gps and some games. While looking we came across the Droid. Cool screen, large enough to read and capable of the functions I am looking for. Texting is really cool on it as well. I don't do allot of texting right now but I do use it occasionally. Is it true that if the battery goes on the Iphone you have to send the whole phone in? You can't just replace the battery. That wouldn't work for us as our phones are our life line without a land line. Just looking for some thoughts about ease of use etc. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your input.

Comments (18)