SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

I'd love some advice

There will be three children plus an infant at our Thanksgivukkuh dinner, their ages ranging from from a little over two to nearly seven.

Pathetically, I haven't given them much thought! No kids of my own and I've never spent much time around them. Clueless! I'm not sure that I have much kid friendly food....I picture them sticking their tongues out at dinner, lol.

I am not going to provide hot dogs and tater tots but will gladly do another veggie, for example. I have no idea if these kids are 'socialized' or picky picky picky.

I'm thinking about asking one of the Moms to come over and make suggestions about childproofing my home so that the kids can roam around freely. That's a good idea, right? We've got some nice pottery pieces and glass art. Yikes! I don't want the parents nor the children to feel like they can't touch anything.

Would it be ok to ask their moms about the food?

Any ideas for some things I can provide for them to enjoy? I'm thinking about visiting a used book store for some books that they can take home. Do kids still like to create pictures with crayons? I thought about getting a small roll of butcher paper and a big box of crayons.

I'm going to have them do the little hand print turkeys on paper plates so that they can be cut out and used in my decorations and center pieces.

Any other ideas?

Comments (24)