SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

I am the Proud New Owner of a

Cherryfizz
15 years ago

COMPUTER!

LOL My friend Vicki called me the other day and asked me if I wanted their old computer that was down in the family room and of course I said Yes! They have had their new computer for a few years now and kept the old one as a backup. Vicki's daughter has now gone off to University and has her own laptop so now they don't need 2 computers anymore. She dropped it off on Monday.

It is funny because the week earlier my friend Kathy asked me if I wanted her printer/scanner because she couldn't figure out how to work it so bought herself a new one. She knew I was looking to buy a computer.

Vicki brought it over in a box and that evening I went out and bought a computer table from XS Cargo for $37. I came home and spent 3 hours putting the thing together with very little instructions. I surprised myself at being able to put the thing together. Lots of screwing in pieces and putting slides together so that the mouse pad and the keyboard slide out.

Then I had the task of putting the computer together. I had to call Vicki to find out what plug went in where. In the old days - way back in the early 80's I knew everything about computers - LOL not anymore. LOL After getting everything plugged in and the Woofer and speakers set up I was ready to go. LOL

I played Pinball and Solitaire. The computer has Windows 2000, Excel, Powerpoint and some other programmes. I just found lots of other games on it today. Last night when I was on it though the screen went black and red words appeared to say something was not connected or missing or plugged in or something like that and the computer went dead. I couldn't reboot it or anything. Thank goodness when I tried it this morning the computer came on.

I still have to hook up the printer once I find where it plugs into. I most likely won't get it hooked up to the internet for a while. I have to find the cheapest dial up in this area. I am looking into the One Plan that Webtv offers. I have to see if I can get MSNIA in this area first then once I sign up for it I call Webtv then I will only get billed by MSN and get both the internet for the computer and Webtv will be free.

Now I have no excuse, I have to start writing and see what words come out of these fingers of mine. LOL

I am so excited to finally have a computer and grateful I have some wonderful friends.

Anne

Comments (17)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm