HVAC Forum Rant

Pooh Bear

I'm just venting. I can't say everyone on the HVAC forum

is rude and unhelpful, but most of the ones I have encountered

certainly are. I posted a question. And got called a troll.

I don't mock people and call them names when they ask my help.

If I can help, then I help. If I can't, then I surf on by.

Being rude and condescending doesn't help anything.

Go view the post and tell me if I'm out of line.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: My HVAC Forum Posting

SaveComment15Like
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juellie1962

Wow; sounds like that person is having a bad day! They obviously have no comassion either; LOTS of people don't have extra money laying around these days! Don't let this bother you; it's that person with the problem! :)

Save    
nanny98

I would say the same thing, PB. Sounds like you are being careful...so just shake it off and keep on trucking.

Save    
phyllis__mn

Now that was one nasty person there....ignore him/her.

Save    
woodsy_1

I saw that post earlier and thought he/she was about as far out of line as being out of line gets. I'm sorry you had to be on the receiving end of such awful behavior.

Now then...will the real troll please step forward? LOL

Save    
dedtired

Horrible. What a miserable being he is.

Save    
Pooh Bear

I intend to ignore the negative posts
on that forum from now on.
I know who the real troll is.

Pooh Bear

Save    
petaloid

I checked a couple of other threads where he had posted.

It looks like he is only polite to people with whom he is familiar, but tends to be suspicious and extremely rude to posters who are new to that forum.

I'm hoping you won't take it personally -- we know what a great guy you are!

Save    
shedthechrysalis

Don't take it personally. There are one or two (who will remain nameless) on the kitchen forum that act like attack dogs. They spout negativity instead of constructive advice and seem to think they know everything. They degrade some new posters and almost seem protective of the forum - as if they own it. You'll find people like that everywhere. I just end up feeling sorry for them. Imagine how crappy their lives must be to be so hateful...

Save    
thistledew5750

Wow, he surely is a nasty tempered person. I read some of the other post where he was rather snarly to others.. Shame on him.

Save    
secsteve

Pooh Bear, I know how you feel cuz I've been called out a couple of times. But I believe like everyone else here - just ignore them and realize just what miserable human beings they are.

Like you, if I can, I like to give help or constructive criticism, not some smart aleck comment.

Some folks just seem to thrive on that type of behavior.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Extremely old thread!

Save    
joyfulguy

I was surprised when I read that the originator was pooh bear.

I always liked him ... and remember with pleasure my visit with him and his wife several years ago. We made a joint submission here, if I remember correctly. Some responders later asked about pictures ... and the camera had been lying right there on the table ... but we hadn't taken any!

When I saw his name just now, it brought a tear to my eye.

I/we miss pooh bear.

ole joyful

5 Likes Save    
jemdandy

If you had an old style furnace, I could have given you a possible cause having experienced one myself and fixed it. (Pilot light flame not large enough to adequately heat the thermocouple to hold the valve closed. An orifice in the pilot light supply was partially plugged with deposits. I had answered an ad for a trouble-shooter to look at the problem and advise a fix that they would install, of course. He told me the furnace was shot and tried to sell me a new furnace. Some of the things that he said were true, but, I smelled a rat and did not bite. I found the problem and after a simple fix, the furnace ran another 10 years until I updated to a new furnace.)

You have a later model with several electronic devices. You likely have a flame sensor that has failed. Apparently, the valve works. The valve works long enough for the flame to ignite and then shuts off a few seconds later. After the valve opens to admit gas, if the sensor does not detect a flame, the safety function shuts the gas off.

Check you manual for hints and study the circuit diagrams. If you do not have sufficient detail, you might find that on the company's web site. If not found there, try searching the web.

Save    
Sammy

Is he deceased?

1 Like Save    
PKponder TX Z7B

He is deceased, several years ago if my memory is correct. A spammer must have bumped this up.

1 Like Save    

Related Stories

Life 9 Ways to Calm New-Home Jitters
Buyer's remorse begone! Here are some tricks to help you warm to your new place, warts and all
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances How to Choose the Right Hood Fan for Your Kitchen
Keep your kitchen clean and your home's air fresh by understanding all the options for ventilating via a hood fan
Full Story
Green Building Get Cleaner Indoor Air Without Opening a Window
Mechanical ventilation can actually be better for your home than the natural kind. Find out the whys and hows here
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Your Complete Guide to Building Permits
Learn about permit requirements, the submittal process, final inspection and more
Full Story
Most Popular Why Google Just Paid $3.2 Billion for a Company That Makes Thermostats
Smart home technology just got a new champion — and everyone is speculating about the reasons
Full Story
Know Your House Insulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story
Homes Around the World Houzz Tour: A London Townhouse Lightens Up
A dramatic redesign of this multistory home transforms its dark 1970s-era interior into an all-white Scandinavian idyll
Full Story
Most Popular To-Dos: Your June Home Checklist
Make summer easy by getting your home and outdoor gear in shape now
Full Story
Doors 5 Questions to Ask Before Installing a Barn Door
Find out whether that barn door you love is the right solution for your space
Full Story
We are a landscape architectural design company located in Northern Virginia, specializing in the development of... Read More
Van Metre Homes is a homegrown builder with a reputation for blending the enduring traditions, quality and value... Read More