SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Tomorrow Will Be Eleven Years

jannie
11 years ago

Tomorrow is Saturday October 27. On Saturday October 27 2001 I returned from morning grocery shopping with a terrible headache. I'd been having headaches since April, my doctor thought it was my inner ears and prescribed somerthing for dizziness and vertigo. Upon my return from shopping, I went in the bathroom with a full bladder. As I sat, I felt a sudden feeling of extreme dizziness come over me and I started to fall. I leaned away from the tub and lay down on a small carpet and fell asleep. Hours later my husband found me unconscious on the floor. He called the paramedics. My blood pressure was 200 over 125, I had had a hemmorragic stroke. Spent six weeks in 2 hospitals recovering. They found I had both high blood pressure and failing kidneys. Managed to return to work in early 2002 but couldn't really focus and I went out on disability within 3 years. Started hemo dialysis in August 2007, had a successful kidney transplant Friday January 13 2012. I consider myself to have three birthdays I celebrate-my original day in November when I came into this world, Oct 27 when I nearly died and January 13 when my life was saved by a miracle, an organ donor and a skilled surgeon.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES