SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liira

Back From NYC-Long

liira
13 years ago

Well ladies I'm back. My sister's and I had a great time. The weather was perfect. We took a lot in in the week that we were there. We went to 3 shows, Stomp, Jersey Boys and Million Dollar Quartet. We enjoyed Jersey Boys the best. We took the hop on, hop off bus tour of uptown. Horse and buggy ride through Central Park. We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and went for pizza at a very popular pizza place that was recommended called Grinaldi's. Being Italian, we thought the pizza wasn't worth the wait and the bathroom was disgusting. As we left, we told the owner to put some of his money that he was making into renovating the bathroom. As soon as you finish your meal, they ask you pay and leave. Stopped in at Tiffany's and both my sister's wanted to buy the bangle bracelet but my one sister couldn't fit it thru her hand and when she asked if they had any larger ones, the sales lady said that's the biggest size we have and then I said well, that's not fair and she said oh well, it fits my wrist. So, of course we walked out. We did go into a lot of high end stores to browse. I did buy a couple of things from the Michael Kors store. He actually had a 50% off rack that was affordable and in a plus size. We bought the metro pass for the week and took the train everywhere but we also walked a lot. I brought two pair of shoes, but my feet were so swollen the whole time, I couldn't fit into my running shoes. I tried to buy shoes, but nothing would fit. Time Square at night was great but very crowded. Century 21 was also recommended to us, as NYC best kept secret because it had designer clothes at discount prices, but we found it to be very messy and picked over. Syms was much better and I got a few outfits by Jones of New York for cheap. Magnolia Bakery was also recommended to us and it was the best. I asked the cake decorator what they did with all the left over pastries at night and he said what left overs, we will be sold out of everything by closing. I bought 3 things from there, which made great dessert for when we got back to the apartment at night and we had our coffee. We also went to Chinatown and got some great deals and I also bought some stuff off the street vendors. I didn't spend all my money which surprised me as I felt I bought a lot of stuff. We didn't really eat out often, so that probably saved us money. Anyway, thanks for all the great suggestions and it will be a place that I would go visit again.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional