SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Need help ... to make money grow fast, next year, please

joyfulguy
15 years ago

I've spoken here of an investment discussion group, over 12 years in operation, that I've attended for about seven years.

Since the magazine that I consider Canada's best personal financial advisory, "Canadian MoneySaver" carries no ads, they claim that they are totally subscriber-driven, so when they asked subscribers what they wanted, they asked for seminars with the writers of the articles, which has been arranged in a number of locations over several years. The writers offer contact info and reply to questions: how many writers in your magazines offer such?

Subscribers asked for the opportunity to meet with others in their area and the mag. carries a list of about 40 areas across Canada that are open to new members, plus there may be some that are at capacity.

In recent years several Shareclubs have set up a competition to choose about 5 stocks that each considers will produce the best growth through the next year.

Our London group of about 20 members has not participated previously but some of us have proposed that we should in 2009, so each member is asked to bring a list of several stocks that we consider to likely grow best in 2009 to our meeting tonight, Wed. Oct. 29, to build our list.

I am making my list this afternoon ...

... and am interested to hear what stock-related assets you feel will likely grow best during 2009:I'm not too proud to pick brains!

If our club's list turns out to grow the best, the only benefit which we receive is some glory ...

... but if your suggestion helps me to provide a name that helps make our group win, I might be induced to take you out to dinner (if you aren't too far away).

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

ole joyful

Comments (6)