SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tubless

It's Just So Frustrating! Kind of Long

Georgysmom
12 years ago

Wednesday I have Book Club at my house from 1:00 to 12:00. Thank heavens I did the baking for that over the weekend. After book club, some of the ladies will be staying for a meeting about our golf league. Since we will be meeting through the lunch hour, I said I would serve a simple lunch. Soup and salad. Today, I had bridge from 1:00 - 5:00, after which I went grocery shopping for my luncheon on Wednesday. All the shopping had to be done today because I have golf followed by a banquet luncheon tomorrow and have to come straight home and get ready for Wednesday. Trader Joe's was my first stop because I needed a few items that I could only get there. Their melons didn't look so good and they didn't have any pineapples, two items on my list but that was okay since I was planning on going to another store anyway. Get to store #2 and all is well until I get to the produce department. No fresh bean sprouts and melons and pineapple not looking too good. So, it's on to store #3. I finally get some help in locating bean sprouts and they are in a tiny container, I would say about 4 - 6 oz. (I need 1 Lb.) and the package is $3.99! Outrageous!! It would have cost me around $12.00 just for sprouts. So, it's on to store #4. No bean sprouts at store #4 and so I don't bother with melons and pineapple because I will get everything at store #5. I go back and forth searching for the sprouts which are usually loose in a bin. Finally, I see a bag similar to the bags that packaged salad comes in. It almost looked like shredded cabbage from a distance but I take it off the shelf and sure enough it's a 1lb. bag of sprouts. Hooray! Bin is not marked and there's no price but figure I will get that when it's scanned. Package doesn't scan so cashier rings for help. Second lady scans and is furious because she has told them many times that it's not in the system. By now people are lining up behind me and out of frustration, second lady keys in $2.00 for sprouts. I'm a happy camper, sort of, because it sounded a lot better than the $12.00. That's the good news. The bad news, no melons or pineapple so I am now on to store #6. Walmart's.. I figured I needed some cans of soda any way, so what the heck. No melons or pineapple there either so now it's on to store #7. Got the melons and pineapple, but what I figured would take about an hour, was 2 1/2 hours. It was now 7:30, no dinner and very tired. I just hate it when I can't find what I need at the first grocery store. In this case, I was planning on going to 2 but 7 when I had a list of about 15 items, was more than I had bargained for. Just needed to rant, thanks for listening.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus