SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Doesn't anyone check their lights?

13 years ago

Not just that they're on when they should be and/or off when they're not needed, or the turn signals left on since it left the dealer, that's a whole nuther thread, but it's really not hard to check whether your headlights, tail lights and turn signals are working. Not sure whether it's just volume of vehicles increasing or just more with burned out brake lights, tail lights, turn signals or headlights. Carelessness? Ignorance? Apathy? Stupidity?

I usually try to get the driver's attention and tell them they have a problem. Sometimes it's really appreciated but other times you'd think you were strangling puppies in a kindergarten class the way people react. One old bag wouldn't even roll down her window, just gave a snarly look and kept going what? what? Sheesh. Get your hearing aid fixed lady. Grouchy old nag probably shouldn't be driving anyway... but that too is another thread!

I slowed down next to one the other day to tell her she had a brake light out and she was so shocked, but when she heard that she had a brake light out she gave a huge thank you and you could tell it hit home on importance. And of course people were honking at me to get moving, yeah, yeah, that 10 seconds of your life won't be recovered, I know. I'm still glad I do it and will continue to let people know. A month or two ago I was going into a restaurant and noticed a guy pulling in had a light out so I waited until he got out of his car and headed to the door to let him know too. Again, surprise and appreciation. I wish a few more people would help someone out and let them know these things. Could save them from being pulled over, possibly even a ticket, or an accident, injury or worse. It's so simple. I feel I can spare a few precious seconds of my life to try to help someone out.

I realize most people don't think to check them. It's not hard to do and takes seconds. When did you last check your lights? Or have you ever checked them?

I've seen some vehicles with idiot lights that come on when a light is burned out. I always wondered what would happen when the idiot light burned out...

Comments (19)